Coronavirus (Covid-19) update
Like the rest of the country and the world, the Centenary Uniting Church is adapting and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to support our community, and this remains our highest priority, while adhering to the latest Government advice.
As we have updates to this topic, they will be detailed both on this page and in the weekly Centenary Life newsletters. (To receive Centenary Life, subscribe here)
Current status (as of 23rd August 2020)
- We are now gathering for worship at the church each Sunday at 8:30 am and 6:30 pm but current restrictions mean we are currently limited to 50 people at our services.
- If you would like to attend services at the church, please contact our office on 3279 2171 and select option 3. If we are unable to speak to you at the time, please leave a message and we will return your call.
Alternatively, you may email our office – email@example.com
- Our morning service is also live streamed each Sunday at 8:30 am or you can view it or listen at a later time. Simply go to the live stream page on this website.
Advice included in the latest ministry note from the Queensland Synod
Whilst services are able to continue in the restricted areas, our utmost priority is the safety of our members. Congregations in the restricted areas, particularly areas of heightened concern being West Moreton and western suburbs of Brisbane, should exercise extra caution when gathering. Some areas for consideration include:
- whether to meet is in the best interests of the safety of our members, their loved ones, and the wider community
- increased vigilance with cleaning, personal hygiene, and physical distancing
- any signs of illness, no matter how mild, the person should be provided with a face mask and requested to leave and seek COVID-19 testing
Links to information from the Queensland Synod